Imagine that you have met a beautiful girl and now you are on way back to Australia. But, you have arranged for her to come over to Australia and see you for a vacation. You have paid the flight and you have managed to convince the authorities to let her have a visa for a tourist to Australia. Managing this can be a nightmare so be warned.
Once that’s all done she has her ticket and off to the airport and ready to travel. She knows she must have p550 for the airport terminal fee and has nothing else. But, she needs nothing else? Wrong- she needs travel tax.
Philippine Travel Tax
1. What is Travel Tax?
The Travel Tax is a levy imposed by Philippine government on individuals who are leaving the Philippines irrespective of the place where the air ticket is issued and form or place of payment, as provided for by Presidential Decree (PD) 1183.
2. How much is the Travel Tax?
Business Class /Economy Class: PHP1,620.00 Full Travel Tax, PHP810.00 Standard Reduced Travel Tax, PHP300.00 Privileged Reduced Travel Tax for dependents of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) Visit www.tieza.com.ph for more details.
3. Who are exempted and how can I avail the tax exemption?
You may visit www.tieza.com.ph for the complete list of qualified passengers for exemption in paying the Philippine Travel Tax and how to apply the exemption.
4. How can I pay the Travel Tax?
a. Tickets issued/purchased outside of the Philippines, pay directly to the TIEZA Travel Tax counter at the airport.
b. Tickets issued/purchased in the Philippines, payment is through the airline ticket offices and travel agencies.
c. Tickets purchased thru PAL website (www.philippineairlines.com), passenger has the option to pay for the Travel Tax either:
c.1. during the online booking provided passengers are all adult
c.2. directly to the TIEZA Travel Tax counter at the airport before check in.
5. Can I pay online if I am traveling with a child and/or infant who are entitled for a Reduced Travel Tax Rate?
Philippine Travel Tax will not be offered online if the transaction is a child or with a child/infant.
- Present passport upon purchase of ticket through airline ticket office/travel agency and upon check in at the airport.
- Tickets which will be issued in the Philippines will only be released upon payment of the Travel Tax or submission of the Travel Tax Exemption/Reduced Travel Tax Certificate to the airline/travel agency.
- Travel Tax Exemption/Reduced Travel Tax Certificate can only be issued by the TIEZA Travel Tax Office.
- Certificate must be valid and original copy.
- Tickets which will be issued outside Philippines, submit the Travel Tax Exemption/Reduced Travel Tax Certificate/Official Receipt of Travel Tax payment to the airline check in counter personnel at the airport.